Himalayan salt, lemon and water for migraine
Feb 1, 2019 // By:migrainer // 2 comments
Any type of headache can be a big problem for finishing our daily task, especially a migraine headache and migraineurs knows what I am talking about. Once, a migraine headache occurs, you can’t stop it. During a migraine headache, you can use some of the medicines to stop a headache but overuse of medicines can have the opposite effect and provoke higher frequency. Therefore, we will say something more about a natural way of dealing with a migraine headache and benefits of Himalayan salt and lemon water mixture.
Himalayan salt and lemon water recipe: How to prepare?
Lots of migraineurs said that the mixture of Himalayan salt and lemon have helped them to stop a migraine headache occur. In fact, you can see the recommendations on many people on the internet health sites or blogs. But, the key is to drink this natural potion at the first sign of a headache. On the contrary, there is no effect.
To make this mixture, you need:
- Two teaspoons of the Himalayan salt (preferably high-quality Himalayan crystal salt);
- Zest and the juice of a Lemon (preferably organic if it is possible) and
- One glass of water (preferably at room temperature)
Mix two teaspoons of the Himalayan salt, zest and the juice of a lemon in one glass of water, then you drink the whole glass. In order to get better results to use organic lemon and high-quality Himalayan salt.
In general, there are many benefits of the Himalayan salt; concretely the benefits of the Himalayan salt and lemon are:
- Restores the body natural alkaline balance
- strengthens the immune system,
- boosts energy levels, and
- balances serotonin levels, which can help regulate mood
Total hydration – Himalayan salt natural source of electrolytes: When and why this remedy works?
For a migraine headache you could possibly have many potential triggers or causes, and because of that, it is difficult to define the exact causes and find a concrete remedy to help yourself. In order to find what could possibly help you, first, you need to establish what caused a migraine headache in your case.
If the answer on the question below is dehydration, then the Himalayan salt end lemon mixture is a great solution for you. In fact, this mixture works phenomenally in cases where is electrolyte imbalance caused by dehydration.
Although, if the cause/trigger of a migraine is dehydration mixed with any other symptoms (such as exposure to allergens, over-heating, chemicals, etc.), then the mixture of Himalayan salt and lemon water MAYBE is a solution for you. So it might help you, but not necessarily.
On the contrary, if the trigger of a migraine headache is anything else but dehydration, a mixture of a Himalayan salt and lemon water IS NOT a solution for you at all.
How to know that I have a dehydration headache?
Most people have a problem with dehydration. Bad habits like not drinking enough water is a big problem. It can cause many health problems, including regular headaches or migraines.
You could tell that you are having a dehydration headache if some of the other symptoms are present:
- Decreased urination
- Dark yellow urine
Dehydration headaches could be mild or pretty severe.
If you want to improve your dehydration in general, you can also use alkaline water with Himalayan salt.
It is established that the pH value of alkaline water is somewhere between 8 and 9. Therefore, favorably affects our health.
Alkaline water with Himalayan salt: How its made?
It is very simple to make alkaline water. All you need is:
- Two liters of bottled water
- One lemon(preferably organic) and
- Himalayan salt(preferably high quality)
Firstly you chop a lemon and its bark(if the lemon isn’t organic just remove it). Secondly, bottled water overbrim in a glass jar. Then, add chopped lemon and 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt into a jar and leave the mixture on room temperature for about 12 hours. After that, is ready to drink. Every morning, on the empty stomach, drink 3 glass of water to improve your dehydration.
What exactly is this natural remedy and what it’s benefits are?
Himalayan salt is also known as pink Himalayan salt or Rock salt. Himalayan salt contains up to 98% sodium chloride and up to 84 trace minerals such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium. We will say something about the benefits and risks of using Himalayan salt below. So, be careful and consider your current health status when you are using Himalayan salt.
Some of the benefits are:
- Rich mineral content: We have already said that Himalayan salt contains 98% sodium chloride, but the rest 2% contains traces of 84 different minerals. Therefore, you can’t expect fast results if your target is balancing minerals.
- Lower sodium: Pink Himalayan salt is saltier than regular salt. Also, Himalayan salt often has larger crystals, that means that you use less sodium per teaspoon. In other cases, you can find Himalayan salt in smaller crystals and it’s more similar to regular salt.
- A more natural salt: It is said that the Himalayan salt is more natural than regular salt. This may be true. Because the regular salt is heavy refound. Also, it is mixed with anti-caking agents in order to prevent clumping. On the contrary. Himalayan salt is much less artificial and usually contains no additives.
- An aid to hydration: If you are adding Himalayan salt in your regular mils or drinks, you are more likely to achieve optimal fluid balance. With this in mind, you can prevent dehydration.
You can use Himalayan salt in many ways. Some of them are mentioned below.
- work as antacid – Himalayan salt balances pH.
- loss of appetite – Himalayan salt has a digestive stimulant. Therefore it works as an appetizer in digestive problems.
- Used in anti-obesity and anti-cholesterol products – Himalayan salt is also used in anti-cholesterol products.
2. Used In medical therapies – For a medical therapy bath.
- Anti-inflammatory therapies for arthritis, joint problems, and stiffness
- Himalayan salt is used for an oil massage.
3. Method for Fomentation – Himalayan salt is used in massages for relieving pain.
Himalayan salt products
As we already said, there is a lot of benefits of Himalayan salt. Therefore, it is used in many different ways. You can either, eat or drink it, have a bath with it or use it for massage. Below are mentioned some of the Himalayan salt products which will discuss in future.
- Himalayan salt lamp
- Himalayan salt pillow
- Himalaya salt cleansing balm
- Himalayan soap bar
- Himalayan salt candy
Risks and considerations
Importation of Iodine is very important. Also, Iodine is the main reason for the proper work of thyroid function and cell function. You can find Iodine in lots of food but maybe the best products for Iodine are fish, seafood or eggs. On the other hand, Himalayan salt isn’t the best solution if you are trying to increase iodine level. Himalayan salt has less iodine than regular salt. So, the answer on a question does Himalayan salt have iodine in it, is yes. But in small amounts and it’s not the first recommended thing for Iodine intake.
Sodium is necessary for preserving life but also you won’t to exaggerate with it. Even healthy people monitor their sodium. If you are suffering from a decreased sodium, then Himalayan salt isn’t a solution for you. For this condition, you will probably prefer regular salt.
Too much sodium
Too much sodium can cause serious health issues. All of us need to be careful with the intake of sodium. Especially, people with heart and kidney disease or people on a sodium-restricted diet. They have to monitor sodium intake, and also they should limit the use of any type of salt, even the Himalayan salt. On the contrary, there is a high possibility to cause some of the next diseases:
- high blood pressure
- heart disease
- liver damage
- kidney disease